Junior racing is about learning and fun; fun on the road, fun in the dirt and learning to race respectfully and safely — the right way. On this team, we live these words. Sound like the right fit for you, or your son or daughter? We’d love to hear from you.
Who we are:
- A passionate, dedicated organization supported by the Brazen Dropouts cycling team that teaches children from the ages 10 to 18 years how to race bikes the right way
- A team open to all ability levels from experienced teens to first-time 10-year-olds
- Participants in the Wisconsin Cycling Association road and cyclocross calendars
- Participants in select regional races in the Midwest
Who we are not:
- An elite junior program with a high-pressure, win-at-all-costs attitude
- A feeder program for collegiate or professional teams (Although, if a child shows great potential we will foster future development to more advanced under-23, or elite teams)
This team will also teach you or your child how to train to race, and will provide the opportunity for weekly indoor group rides throughout the winter and outdoor team training in the spring and fall. Riders will also have access to a training plan and coaches 24-7.
How to join:
Our team does have an application process. Riders must apply to join. Each participant must adhere to the terms in the team’s contract, including:
- Participate in at least three of the six required races (three road races in April, three cyclocross in the fall, or a mix of the two)
- Volunteer at the Brazen Dropouts Bike Swap in January
- Volunteer at one of the bike races organized by the Brazen Dropouts
- Conduct yourself according to the team’s philosophy (have fun, be respectful, and be a steward for the sport) before, during and after races
If you are interested in joining the team, please fill out the fields below and we will contact you shortly. We’d love to hear from you.
Junior Dropouts Funding
It takes a substantial amount of time and financial resources to operate a successful Juniors development program. We want to give every interested youth the opportunity to enjoy their time training and racing, and provide them with the best knowledge and mentoring for safe riding and racing. While we dedicate certain team funds to our Juniors program and give every Junior member free membership and a $100 clothing credit, increased member numbers make these promises harder to fulfill and still operate a financially sustainable team. We are dedicated to developing the next generation of smart cyclists, whether it's on the road, trails, or race courses. If you also share the same vision, we ask that you consider donating to the Junior Dropouts program.
All funding will be put towards the Junior program:
- Clothing credits for proper riding attire
- Coaching time & travel
- Simple bike maintenance items
Please note that because we are a registered 501(c)(4) organization, these donations are not tax deductible.